Xcode 11 adds support for cherry picking commits. Cherry picking involves taking a commit from one git branch and applying it to another branch. Cherry picking lets you apply a commit to a branch without having to merge all your recent commits into that branch.
Take the following steps to cherry pick a commit in Xcode.
- Open the source control navigator by pressing Cmd–2.
- Checkout the destination branch, the branch that will receive the cherry picked commit.
- Select the branch with the commit to cherry pick. Xcode’s editor will show all the commits for that branch.
- Select the commit.
- Right-click and choose Cherry-Pick.
- An alert will open asking if you want to cherry pick. Click the Cherry-Pick button.