Welcome to Swift Dev Journal, a site with articles and books on developing iOS and Mac apps in Swift. Click on the Articles link at the top of the page to see a list of all the articles.
Struggling to Develop Your Apps?
“I’ve completed Swift for Beginners courses on at least four different sites, and if I build one more My First App I may cry.”
You want to develop iOS apps. You went through an online course (Hacking with Swift, the Stanford CS193P course, Angela Yu’s Udemy course, Code with Chris) or bought a book to learn iOS development. You went through the whole course and created all the projects.
At this point you felt confident and wanted to make your first app on your own. Then you started to run into problems.
- You couldn’t decide on a project.
- If you picked a project, you didn’t know where to start.
- You didn’t know what Apple frameworks you needed to learn to develop your app.
- The project didn’t build, and all Xcode gave you was a vague, indecipherable error message.
- The app crashed and you couldn’t figure out why.
- The app didn’t work the way you thought it would.
Get a Guide on Moving from Tutorials to Making Apps
Sign up for the Swift Dev Journal newsletter and you will receive a free guide on how to go from tutorials to developing your first real app. In the guide you will learn the following topics:
- How to pick a suitable project for your first app.
- What to do before you start writing code.
- How to determine what frameworks you need to make your app.
- What to do when you run into problems.
In addition to the guide, you will also receive the following:
- An email at the end of each month with links to the previous month’s articles
- Notices of sales on books
- Anything I decide to add to the newsletter in the future
I will not share your email address with anyone.